There must be many people who feel like eating cake as soon as they hear its name, I am also one of them. In the Italian Hangover Cake Recipe, it is the cake itself that makes it delicious. It is layered with sliced bananas, caramel, and a nice layer of cake which makes it look very beautiful as well. It does not take effort to make this recipe, it is made easy. If you’re hungry, you’ll have a homemade Italian hangover cake ready in an hour.
Children in your house will also like this recipe very much because children like cakes very much.
If you have never tried the Italian Hangover Cake Recipe, then you are at the right place, I will teach you how to make this recipe.
To give you a little insight into this recipe, it is simply a sweet cake made with caramel sauce, bananas, and a little bit of love. This can be prepared at home.
Something or the other that everyone likes has been used in this. After eating this you will feel as if you have come to heaven.
I like to eat it with everyone, there is no fun in eating it alone. I believe that you should make this and give it to your friends and family to eat. Will definitely appreciate you.
The caramel sauce used in it contains a small amount of alcohol So that is called a hangover cake.
There is a lot of alcohol, so don’t skip it, the sugar and other ingredients used in it will give you a better taste.
It is eaten as a dessert. So you can serve it as a dessert even after having a nice meal.
It is also eaten with some cocktail, like a Martini.
Why Do You Love Italian Hangover Cake Recipe
We have not used orange juice and orange zest here but if you want to use them. it will enhance the taste of your recipe. And the cake can be softened even more.
This is a unique cake that you can use on birthdays as well. And if you’re going out somewhere at night and want to eat something sweet, then you can prepare it beforehand.
It is not that when you eat this cake, you will get a hangover and you will fall after eating it, it is not so. You can cook and eat it whenever you feel like it.
KEY INGREDIENTS IN ITALIAN HANGOVER CAKE:
- All Purpose Flour
- It is used to give a nice shape to the cake.
- Ordinarily used in daily life
- Unsalted Butter
- It has also been used to make cake mixes creamy and fry bananas.
- Baking Powder
- It is used to give a nice rise to the cake, besides it mixes well with the rum.
- For taste.
- Brown Sugar
- Adjust the amount of sweetness in the cake.
- Ground Ginger
- Keep the cake stable, it also increases the taste of the cake.
- Greek Yogurt
- For taste.
- Vanilla Extract
- Increase the taste and make the recipe creamy.
HOW TO MAKE ITALIAN HANGOVER CAKE?
If you have never made any cake before then don’t worry I will show you how to make the best cake in the world. You will definitely thank me after following all these steps.
First thing is to preheat the oven to 355-360 F. Take a cake pan and grease it because sometimes the cake sticks to the pan while making the cake.
Many people say that a Bundt pan is required to make a cake, but it is not so, you can make this recipe easily with a cake pan, Not to worry.
As I have told you earlier, the importance of caramel sauce is more in this Italian Hangover Cake Recipe, So first we will make the caramel sauce.
Take a saucepan and put brown sugar and butter in it. Heat it well until it melts well. Now the mixture that you have prepared, take off the flame and let it cool down.
Slowly pour the rum into the mixture and keep stirring. Your sauce will be ready in while.
Pour the prepared caramel sauce well into the base of the pan. There is no hurry. Work slowly.
Take a big bowl and mix flour, salt, ginger, baking powder, etc. Now, take a second bowl and put sugar and butter do not heat it, keep it at room temperature. After a while, that mixture has to be beaten in an electric mixer and keep on mixing until everything is well mixed.
Now add vanilla Extract, Egg, Greek Yogurt, etc, and mix everything well. Now you have to mix all the ingredients mentioned in the above paragraph. Now you have to mix everything well until creamy.
Everything has to be made smooth like cream. There should not be any lumps.
Now you have to take a banana, cut it nicely, and line it on top of the caramel, then take a pan and put butter in it. Best of all, you can put butter on the banana and fry it.
It will take a maximum of 30 minutes.
Now your Italian Hangover Cake Recipe is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Then you can serve it to eat.
How to Store: Italian Hangover Cake Recipe
- As far as I know, there will not be even a small piece of this cake left. But you felt that should we enjoy this cake tomorrow also.
- If you have saved a little of your cake, then you can store it in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for a maximum of 4-5 days.
Substitutions (For Ingredients)
- You can use orange juice to make this cake but for that, you have to reduce the amount of Green Yogurt in the recipe. Otherwise, your cake taste will spoil.
- You must be thinking that milk would be used in this, then my answer is yes. When you want to make caramel sauce creamy, Then you have to add some milk to it while you are heating the Butter and Brown Sugar.
- We have used Greek yogurt here as it keeps the cake moist. But apart from that, you can use buttermilk, cream, and cottage cheese in the cake. But I would suggest Greek Yogurt.
- Here I have used vanilla Extract for flavor in the cake but you can use almond Extract also.
Best Tips and Tricks
If you use orange juice in this cake, then taking fresh orange juice will enhance the taste of the cake.
Try Some More Recipes
About the Bundt cake pan:
Typically, butter or oil-based batters like pound cake or yellow cake are used to make bundt cakes. After being put into the pan, the batter is fried till golden brown in the oven. The fluted pattern is often shown by inverting the cake onto a dish or platter once it has finished baking.
It’s vital to keep in mind that Bundt pans come in a variety of sizes and shapes, from giant pans that can contain up to 15 cups of batter to little pans that can only hold 6 cups. The pans are available in a variety of forms, including classic round, heart, and ring designs.
Although bundt cakes can be glazed or frosted in a variety of tastes, many people prefer to eat them unadorned. Lemon bundt cake, pumpkin bundt cake, apple bundt cake, chocolate bundt cake, and many more are among the most well-known bundt cake recipes.
All things considered, a Bundt cake pan is flexible baking equipment that can be utilized to make delectable and lovely cakes for every celebration. Cakes are a popular option for special events and holidays because of the pan’s distinctive fluted form, which enables cakes to assume a gorgeous shape.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERT RECIPES:
Cuisinart Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
Delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tools You Need
- Electric Handheld Mixer.
- Mixing Bowl (two or three).
- Spoons and Cups.
Italian Hangover Cake | With Some Branded Rum
Italian hangover cake, also known as “torta della nonna” or grandmother’s cake, is a traditional Italian dessert made with a rich, buttery pastry crust and a creamy, custard filling.
- Preheat your oven to 355-360 F. Take a pan and grease it because sometimes the cake sticks to the pan while making the cake.
- First, you make the caramel sauce, Take a saucepan and put Brown sugar and butter. Heat it until and mix well. take it off the flame and let it cool down.
- Slowly pour the rum into the mixture and keep stirring and then your sauce will be ready in a while. Pour the prepared caramel sauce well into the base of the pan.
- Take a big bowl and mix Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Ginger, etc., and mix it well. Now take another one and put Vanilla Extract, Egg, Greek Yogurt, etc, and mix it. Now mix two bowls carefully and mix everything perfectly until creamy. There should not be any lumps.
- Now you have to take a banana, cut it into round pieces, and line it on top of the caramel, then a pan and put butter in it. Now, you can put butter on the banana and fry it. Take a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Your Italian hangover cake recipe is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down. Then you can serve it to eat.
- We have used Greek Yogurt here as it keeps the cake moist. But apart from that, you can use buttermilk, cream, or cottage cheese on the cake.
- Here I have used vanilla Extract for flavor in the cake but you can use almond extract if you want.
- Please take fresh Orange Juice for making the cake otherwise your cake taste get spoil.